New light seals installed by Cameramakers.
- The Canon AV-1 is an interchangable lens, manual focus, aperture priority 35mm SLR using Canon’s FD mount.
- Like it’s more common cousin, the AE-1, the AV-1 uses a 4LR44 battery for all functions, including aperture priority exposure and light metering.
- Instead of the AE-1’s shutter priority, the AV-1 reads the attached FD lens and selects a shutter speed based on the reading.
- All AE-1 accessories will also fit the AV-1.
- The AV-1 lacks a proper shutter speed dial and does not have manual mode. The camera can only be used in aperture priority mode or fire at a 1/60th of a second flash sync speed.